Tuesday, March 4, 2008

And the winner is...


So, after months of agonizing over what theme to use for Alex's party, the decision was finally made. It will be a Cars theme. We went back and forth between Sesame Street, Ratatouille, and Cars. But, alas, Cars won. This morning I learned a lesson that new moms quickly learn. I had pulled out the invites so that I could fill them out. Alex saw them and FREAKED out. He wanted to have them and after I told him they were for belo, bela, shu shu, etc, he had a meltdown. Literally. I mean, it looked like he was melting into the floor, tears and all. In fact, I thought I heard him say "I'm melting!" just like the Wicked Witch of the West. So, I had to hide them, let the meltdown finish on its own, and fill them out after he was asleep. Ah, toddlers are such fun!

1 comments:

Misty said...

Alex is about the cutest boy ever!!! I know that his soon-to-be-two-year-old-ness is not so fun for you, but I find it funny. Good luck with Alex's party...I'm sure it will be a huge success!!!